Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CleanMem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:34 pm 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
The program will install and set it to run every 30 min via the windows task scheduler. Install it and your done! The program doesn't run in the back ground, once it does its job it closes and doesn't run again until the task scheduler runs it.

The CleanMem application was designed to be a very simple to operate as it will run and clean the memory out of all processes it can, without any user input.

Some anti viruses and such protect their processes so of course cleanmem can't touch those.

This doesn't work like other memory cleaners that do nothing but force windows to free up memory by using up all the avail. memory. This old trick then causes your system to lag big time!

Home Page
AppAholic Review

Post subject: Re: CleanMem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:35 pm 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.5.0
I have added a new logging feature. By default this is turned off.
You can now have CleanMem log the memory usage of a process before CleanMem cleans it and after to see how a process is doing.
Check the cleanmem_log_settings.txt for more details.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:41 pm 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.5.1
Updated the log file output per user request. http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,1350.0.html
Removed the VB6 SP6 runtime files from the setup file. These files are no longer needed on newer systems and will help reduce the setup size.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 pm 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.6.0
Added a new CleanMem Mini Monitor. This runs separate from CleanMem. The mini monitor allows a user to keep an eye on current memory usage and clean the system memory with one click of a button. The program calls CleanMem to do its job. This new mini monitor is an addition to CleanMem, not a replacement. CleanMem still installs and runs in the back ground via the task scheduler just as it always has.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:43 am 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.6.1
Code improvement on the mini monitor. The code to pull the number of running processes was causing a high amount of page faults. While page faults do not hurt the system http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_fault
It still bugged me that the Windows API used to get the process count was causing 1100 page faults every time it ran, which was every 1 sec. I have since used a different api and code and dropped the page faults down to 14 instead of 1100 :-)
Big thanks to this user http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,1605.0.html who brought this to my attention.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 am 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.6.2
Fixed a bug where the colors where not being set at startup of the mini monitor.
When using the bar fill picture the text would stay black. Per user request the text will now match the bar fill text color.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 pm 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.6.3
The total processes on the mini monitor just wasn't cutting it. First the API would cause 1,100 page faults per sec. Then I switched it to use WMI to pull the process count. This lowered the page faults to 14. But turned out it also caused the WMI service to be at 1 - 2% all the time. This just wont do! The point of a monitor is to do its job without taking anything from the system.
I have dropped total processes from the monitor and replaced it with current page file usage. The monitor now has 0 page faults and 0 cpu :-)
I has also added a few more features. You can now hide the totals and button on the monitor, making it even smaller by only showing the bar.
You can now right click anywhere on the mini monitor to pull up the menu. This is useful if you hide the Clean Memory button and still want to run it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:15 pm 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.6.4
New features per user request. I have removed all 101 static tray icons from the program. The user can now set the colors and font for the tray icon to their liking :-)
Small performance improvement, instead of the tray icon updating every 1 sec it only updates when it needs to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:56 am 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Quote:
v1.6.5
Fixed bug where text in the system tray icon wasn't center if the user had a higher DPI set. Thanks goes to this user for bringing this bug to my attention http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php/topic,1642.0.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 am 
Freeware Guru
Freeware Guru

Version 1.7.0 is now available.

Changelog